Sunday, December 14, 2008

JMET 2009 analysis and keys

Jmet keys and analysis by different institutes
Career forum - Click here
Career launcher - Click here
IMS - Click here
PT Education - Click here
Time - Click here

Jmet 2007 and 2008 had 150 questions to be solved in 2hrs time which was quite challenging and also the quantitative section used to be the most difficult section. But it was declared that Jmet 2009 will be having only 120 questions and also the duration of the exam was increased to 3hrs. So everyone, including me, expected that the paper is going to be like that of a IIT-JEE paper and the questions will be tough where accuracy plays a crucial role and also that the number of choices will be increased to 5.

But the given paper was least expected one. The paper was extremely easy and there was plenty of time for students to look at and attempt all 120 questions. Also there were only 4 choices for a question and 1/4 marks deducted for a wrong answer. I always worried about my speed and I had this notion that I cannot do well in a question paper which has more than 75 questions (conventional cat paper). But this paper was a surprise. I had attempted 103 questions and god knows how many had attempted all 120. And the irony is that, the quantitative section is the easiest of all.

My attempts :
English - 30
LR - 23
Quant - 29
DI - 23

Total - 103

And so far I'm scoring 74.25 according to Career forum key and 71.75 according to CL Key and 75+ according to IMS key. I think that the cutoff for IIT B would be around 75 and for IIT D would be around 70. So, I have a very few chances of getting a B call and I'm hoping for the best.

No comments: