Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Laugh my ass off

The other day, an elderly sardarji, a co-tenant in our apartment came to our house to discuss something with my father. He recognises me just as my father's son and another living being in this apartment. He didn't know what I was doing and we didn't had any interaction till now except once when my father introduced me to him in a party hosted by another tenant in our apartment.

I was sitting on the sofa, busily solving sudoku that appears in The Times of India newspaper. I greeted him saying " Hello uncle ", he replied back " Hello son ". And I went back to my puzzle solving. Then he asked me " what are you doing? ". " I am solving this puzzle in the newspaper ", I replied back. He was confused and asked me again " In general, what are you doing? I mean not now ". Then, controlling my laughter on thinking what might be his reaction for my silly reply, I told him the routine answer which I have been telling my relatives and others " I have completed my education, got a job and waiting for my appointment order ".

Immediately I went to bedroom as if I had some work there and I burst out into laughter. I wondered that he might have got a shock after listening to my reply although he kept his face straight and expressionless when he asked again. Later I shared this funny conversation with my mom and my girl friend. I remembered a funny conversation between venkatesh and prakashraj in the telugu movie ' Nuvvu naku nachavu '.

Prakashraj : Neeku em vacchu? ( What do you know? )

Venkatesh : Naaku eetha vachu uncle ( I know swimming uncle )

Prakashraj : Adhi kakunda inkem vachu? ( Other than that what do you know? )

Venkatesh : Sangeetha ante ishtam. Harmonium, tabla vayistanu ( I like music and I can play harmonium and tabla )

Prakashraj : avi kani ikkadiki pattuku raledu kada! ( hope you didn't get those instruments here to my house )

Venkatesh : ledu uncle ( No, uncle )

Prakashraj : neeku brathakadaniki em vacchu? ( What do you know to survive in this world? )

Venkatesh : nenu BA complete chesanu ( I did BA )

Prakashraj : ennellolo? ( In how many years? )

Venkatesh : ( raises his hand and shows three of this fingers and then lifts the fourth )

Prakashraj : abbo, chala early gane complete chesavey ! ( sarcastically, Oh! you took very less time )

No comments: