Saturday, December 6, 2008

Service agreement - Doom or Destiny

Aug 7th 2007

A product development company visited our campus for recruitment. They conducted a 3 hour long written test followed by 2 rounds of interview. I got through the written test but screwed up the first round of interview(technical round). Though I thought I did well in second round ( HR ), it was just a formality as I already knew the outcome. Given my poor grades and pathetic performance in the interview, I knew I had no chance. Dejected, I awaited the next company.

Aug 10th 2007

A leading IT exporter came to our campus for recruitment. This time I was cautious and prepared a bit well for the interview. Again I got through the written test stage, but this time the interview was just a formality. The questions that were asked in the interview were :

Q) Are you willing to relocate?
Q) Do you have a problem in speaking hindi?
Q) Do you feel the package offered by us is less compared to other companies?
Q) Tell me about your previous interview experiences?
Q) Do you have a problem in signing the service agreement?
Q) Any questions from your side?

I was in a mood that I should definitely get this job. So my answers for the above questions were all positive as expected by the interviewer. So I got this job. I thought that I would never join this job as I was planning for higher studies ( MS or MBA ). I was reluctant to this service agreement thing which I had to sign at the time of joining the firm.

Service Agreement

I have to be with the firm for at least 18 months from the date of joining failing which I have to pay 1.25 lakhs.

June 18th 2008

I graduated from my school. I dropped my MS plans as I wanted to do an MBA. I didn't do well in Cat 2007. So now I had to join a job and plan for my MBA at a later stage. So I thought of searching for another job before I get the joining date for the company in which I got recruited so that I can get rid of this service agreement crap. So I started looking out for jobs.

December 7th 2008

I am desperately waiting for the joining date from the company in which I got recruited in. My plans of searching another job went awry with all this economic recession. Given the long break after graduation, I am beginning to forget my technical knowledge. With the current state of mind, I even doubt of clearing an interview if any comes my way.

PS : Cat'08 didn't go well as well :(

No comments: